Services, Products And Recommendations To Close Solid Above Ground Pool Covers
- Replacing and or re threading cable through grommets on perimeter of swimming pool cover.
Replacing cable is $20 and replacing turnbuckle is $15. The turn buckle is not your cheap skate one for $4 that usually take me three to secure cover. This ones heavy duty and sure to last a few seasons.
Please make sure existing cable is not frayed or broken in any way. Also make sure turnbuckle to tighten cable is in proper working condition. If cable needs replacing better to replace now then have old one snap mid winter causing your pool to get trashed. The few dollars now saves more money and headaches later.
- Water is at proper level preferable 3/4 high at skimmer. Now with plastic or steel plates and gizzmos and soda bottles there's no need to drop water level. Keep water level 3/4 up the skimmer face plate. This way when cover is on there's less water collected, less maintenance, less to water to pump.
- Plastic Cover Clips for securing cover, even though not necessary they do help in preventing winds from blowing debris into gaps in cover.
- "Saran" Wrapping pool perimeter, again not necessary but can help keep out debris from gaps in the cover and in preventing cover from coming off over the winter months due to severe weather.
- Even though they are all above ground pools I have found each one is unique with it's own set of circumstances, obstacles, surprises. And it takes some creative know how to keep these covers in one place.
- Creating funnels around perimeter of pool in order to add liquid chlorine during the fall, winter and spring months.